Shady Grove UMC (Regarding a return to in-person worship)
After examining state and district guidelines, consulting with church and district leaders, and engaging in much prayer, Pastor Carrroll has indicated that plans are currently underway so that we might be able to return to in-person worship in May 2021. To ease back into worship, plans are to assemble in the gymnasium of the Belton Family Life Center on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of each month, to start. We must do so with caution and with all recommend safety precautions in mind. Please be reminded that the State of Louisiana is currently in Phase 3 of the pandemic.
These are some things that will be in place when we do return:
- Limited number allowed in building and sharing space. (services in the Life Center with social distancing between families and with doors propped open to minimize the touching of surfaces).
- Constantly wiping things down. (Need sanitizing teams)
- Have sanitizer available.
- Have masks available.
- No passing of the offering plate. (offering collected through PayPal, by mail, or dropped in offering plate on the way out).
- No alter call.
- No envelopes and bibles in the back of the pews.
- No passing out of bulletins or other items that are handled by multiple people.
- Keep restrooms clean at all times (If restroom has 4 stalls, no more than 2 persons allowed in at a time and a cleaning must occur before others can enter).
- All surfaces that are frequently touched must be cleaned after every use. (a job for the sanitizing teams).
Please continue to engage in online services, televised services, and other forms of worship. Please also continue to pray for our church family, and whenever possible, financially support our church.
MAJOR UPCOMING EVENT: Shady Grove to host a COVID-19 Vaccination Clinic on Monday, April 12th from 12:00 Noon until 2:00 p.m. in the Belton Family Life Center. (Masks required).
April 25, 2021 -157th Church Anniversary at 11:00 a.m. in the Belton Family Life Center. (Masks required).
- Intercessory Prayer- Mondays @ 8:00 AM
- Bible Study- Wednesdays @ 6:00 PM
- Administrative Council- Wednesday before 4th Sunday @ 6:00 PM
- Men in Prayer- First Saturdays @ 8:00 AM
- Senior Choir Rehearsal- Wednesdays @ 7:00 PM
- Youth & Young Adult Choir Rehearsal -Wednesdays before 3rd Sunday
- Male Chorus Rehearsal- Wednesdays before 4th Sunday @ 7:00 PM & Wednesday before 5th Sundays
- Sunday School- 9:30 AM
- Sunday Morning Worship- 11:00 AM
- UMM Meeting- 1st Sunday after church
- UMW Meeting- 2nd Sunday after church
- Usher's Meeting- 4th Sunday after church